Project Study group
The Project Study Group (PSG) will be comprised of the lead agencies that will guide the overall Phase I Engineering Study. These agencies are the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the Chicago Park District. The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) is a significant stakeholder that will be integrated early into the planning process. The group will meet periodically throughout the study process to provide technical oversight and expertise in key areas including study process, agency procedures and standards, and technical approaches. The PSG also has primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Stakeholder Involvement Plan (SIP), all applicable environmental policies, and IDOT, CDOT and FHWA standards.
Responsibilities of the PSG include the following:
- Expediting the project development process.
- Identifying and resolving project development issues.
- Promoting partnership with stakeholders to address identified project needs.
- Working to develop a general understanding or agreement among stakeholders.
- Acquiring clearances and approvals from environmental resource agencies.
- Making project recommendations.
The PSG is anticipated to meet regularly throughout the project development process as part of decision making milestones. As with all working groups, the PSG list is subject to modification during the study process.